Our History

On July 1, 1893, the Board of Supervisors established Cotati School, on land donated by the Cotati Land Company.

Students met in various locations until 1922, when the Cotati School (now the Cotati City Hall) was built. Until 1948, this school served as an elementary and junior high school. At that time, the junior high students began to attend school in Petaluma because the classrooms were needed for elementary students. In 1958, the Cotati School on East School Street was constructed.

Thomas Page School is located in the rolling hills of Cotati, in the midst of a rural setting of small farms. The grounds are filled with lush greenery. The campus is removed from the activity of the downtown area and accordingly, there is very little crime on the campus. The school was built in 1969 and named after Dr. Thomas Stokes Page. Dr. Page settled in Cotati in the 1840's to serve the District Of Sonoma as sheriff. In 1847, the land grant of approximately 200,000 acres was received by Dr. Page and named Rancho Cotate. The name Cotate was chosen by Dr. Page after the chief "Kotate", a Miwok Indian whose tribe first greeted the Spanish settlers a decade earlier. Thomas Page School is located just off Madrone Avenue on 10- acres of the original land grant belonging to Dr. Page.

The school is comprised of three quads, 12 re-locatable classrooms, an office facility, a multi-use room, libraryand computer lab.